Ask a Question
To suit all budgets, a custom made combination flyscreen and blackout blind for hatches.
Quick and easy to install, SKYSCREEN Roller Surface is a unique combined flyscreen and blackout blind, custom made for hatches. Whilst the blackout blind provides full darkness, the flyscreen allows for an airy yet insect free environment, ideal for an undisturbed sleep.
- Available from your local Oceanair stockist in a range of standard hatch sizes
- Ideal for boats with thin decks, and soft, or no headlining
- Can be retrofitted to existing hatch trims
- Optional seal and liner systems available to resolve through deck engineering challenges
- Soft-edged, low profile design, consistent with the style of Oceanair’s SKYSCREEN Pleated product
- A quick assembly, easy fit solution to suit all budgets
Hover Over Hotspot For Information
Not only does SKYSCREEN Roller Surface cater for any hatch type or size, Oceanair's unique modular construction allows the blind to be fitted in any orientation.
Thus, any size combination or orientation of hatches can be accommodated, with the blinds all operating in the same direction.
Trim & Liner Options
Aesthetically pleasing, covers any gaps between the SKYSCREEN and hatch.
- Clips into the SKYSCREEN, trim can be easily cut down to fit any hatch tunnel
- Accommodating all makes and sizes of hatch
- Available in five heights:
- 35mm (1 3/8")
- 42mm (1 5/8")
- 50mm (1 15/16")
- 60mm (2 3/8”)
- 106mm (4 3/16”)
- Minimalist and stylish design, hard wearing and easy to clean
- UV resistant material, durable, light reflective and light weight
- Available in white and flat packed for easy shipping
Aesthetically pleasing, covering any gaps between the SKYSCREEN and any round or D-shaped hatches.
- Hard wearing ABS, or an injection-moulded option for volume production
- Minimalist and stylish design, easy to clean and install
- Range of standard hatch sizes
- Temperature resistant, available in white or beige
A silicon seal between the blind and mounting surface helps resolve any problems in size variation
Ordering SKYSCREEN blinds from anywhere in the world could not be easier with Oceanair’s all encompassing One Stop service.
We listen and assess your needs
Alternatively, visit your local Oceanair stockist for their range of standard sizes.
An experienced Oceanair surveyor is available to carry out a detailed survey onboard your yacht, taking into account the dimensions and complexity of the hatch recess together with any other factors that may affect the installation and operation of your SKYSCREEN.
Once your SKYSCREEN has been manufactured, Oceanair’s experienced installation team are on hand to carry out the installation. They will ensure that the blinds operate to highest of standards.
Oceanair’s award winning international customer service team is able to provide full aftercare support service.
A 3-layer blind fabric combines 0% light transmission and 80% heat reflection in a waterproof, UV resistant, low maintenance blind fabric.
A PVC coated glass fibre weave enables air to flow around the cabin, whilst preventing minute insect access, as well as offering a long-lasting UV resistant solution.
|Min width [X]||150mm (6")|
|Min drop [Y]||100mm (4")|
|Max width [X]||627mm (24 11/16")|
|Max drop [Y]||627mm (24 11/16")|
|Product depth||28.4mm (1 1/8")|
|Headrail height||60.1mm (2 3/8")|
|Side rail width||40 mm (1 9/16")|
|Angle Suitability (from vertical)||≤30° 1|
|Fabric Type||Blackout & flyscreen|
|Corner radius||R0, R30, R42 & R50|
|Hatch||Manufacturer||Width (X)||Height (Y)|
|10||Lewmar||260mm (10 1/4")||260mm (10 1/4")|
|20||Lewmar||347mm (13 5/8")||202mm (8")|
|30||Lewmar||457mm (18")||327mm (12 7/8")|
|40||Lewmar||421mm (16 5/8")||421mm (16 5/8")|
|44||Lewmar||442mm (17 3/8")||442mm (17 3/8")|
|50||Lewmar||507mm (20")||377mm (14 7/8")|
|54||Lewmar||507mm (20")||392mm (15 3/8")|
|60||Lewmar||507mm (20")||507mm (20")|
|1000||Bomar||273mm (10 3/4")||273mm (10 3/4")|
|1029||Bomar||470mm (18 1/2")||340mm (13 3/8")|
|1039||Bomar||513mm (20 1/4")||513mm (20 1/4")|
|1070||Bomar||421mm (16 5/8")||421mm (16 5/8")|
|1080||Bomar||470mm (18 1/2")||470mm (18 1/2")|
|1212||Taylor||305mm (12")||305mm (12")|
|2020||Taylor||502mm (19 3/4")||502mm (19 3/4")|
|2222||Taylor||559mm (22")||559mm (22")|
If you are unsure of the dimensions always choose a larger size.
1. SKYSCREENS can be installed up to 30° from horizontal as standard - they can be installed vertical but tension springs will need to be adjusted.
Please note that this information is for guidance purposes only, refer to supporting technical documentation for further information or contact your local Oceanair representative.
Technical Documentation Filter
Please login to view more content here.