Job Title: Facilities Technician
Purpose of the Position
To manage the facilities for all rented Oceanair Marine Ltd buildings
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the building inside and out.
- Facilitate movement of machinery and services as requested.
- Costing and presenting to your manager of external contractor costs.
- Work with H&S to ensure a safe place to work.
- Installing new equipment as necessary.
- Routine maintenance of factory services and equipment.
- Systems management (listed below)
- Repairs to damage of the building to keep it in pristine condition.
- Proper long term maintenance of the buildings structure and internal walls. (see report on roof and gutters)
- Service contracts
- Assisting in procuring / producing in house racking and specialist tables.
Typical Task List
- Hands on maintenance tasks.
- Planned maintenance of machinery (but not individual production machinery).
- Summer Factory clean.
- Factory doors, specifically the roller shutter doors – repair and maintain.
- All systems repairs (list below), bringing in external contractors by agreement if necessary.
- Monthly Electrical testing and PAC.
- Legionnaires waters test
- Cleaners will to report to this person
- Re layout of the production area.
- Heating – Oil and Gas systems
- Pressurised air
- Air Conditioning
- Fire System
Experience & Qualifications
- Plumbing - Industry-recognised qualification level 2 or 3 Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating
- Electrical - Level 3 NVQ diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance) or Level 3 NVQ diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems & Equipment (Buildings, Structure and the Environment)
- HNC or equivalent
- Planning, Schedule & Project Management
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- Strong Electrical Background
- Analytical & logical approach to problem solving
- Good PC skills
- Good communication & negotiation skills
- Commercial Building Knowledge
Job Title: Sewing Machinist/Curtain Maker
Soft Furnishings Business Unit Manager
Purpose of Position
To manufacture blinds, curtains and other soft furnishings as requested to the highest quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out manufacture of Oceanair products to a high standard and in a timely manner. Training will be provided as and when necessary to achieve this.
- Cut fabrics to required sizes and/or templates
- Make up products using sewing machines and all other equipment provided
- Prepare, test finish and press finished items for despatch
- Ensure that products are made to the highest quality at all times
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are followed at all times and that employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others.
- Undertake other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Soft Furnishings Manager or Directors of Oceanair Marine Limited.
Job Title: Soft Furnishing Supervisor
Business Unit Manager, Soft Furnishing
Machinists, Work/Show room Co-ordinatiors, Curtain Makers, and Fabric Makers
Purpose of Position
- In liaison with Business Unit Manager to organize labour to achieve build schedules and maximize productivity.
- Be responsible for the assembly of products as part of the Soft Furnishing assembly team.
- OTIF – On time In Full delivery of all products manufactured without exception
- Lead times -To keep lead times to under 2 weeks on standard, 4 weeks on custom products
- Labour Efficiency – To achieve labour hours booked to stock in excess of 80% of the hours paid
- Capacity – To maintain adequate capacity at all time via training, holiday planning & recruitment
- Quality – to reduce the number of defects and warranty returns to an acceptable level
Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead your department in a professional manner at all times, providing support to your staff through calm leadership and prompt attention to any problems
- To plan and execute all work in a timely manner in the priority order and schedule order agreed and not to agree to take on additional tasks which conflict without prior discussion with the Strategic planner or the Operations Director.
- To co-ordinate effective planning, purchasing, warehousing and engineering support as may be required to support your monthly production plan, which must be built on time
- To liaise with the Sales department to ensure prompt feedback on customer delays and to provide information for new enquires and new projects in a timely manner
- Ensure that all staff are suitably cross trained to build all products and use OA machinery and equipment, ensuring their progress is updated on the companies appropriate skills matrix
- Provide assistance in the flexible distribution of labour between departments on a daily basis, as required
- Assist in reducing raw material wastage and ensure that raw material stock is aligned with build plans and that shortages are communicated to purchasing in a timely manner
- Drive continuous improvement activities throughout the factory and assist in the introduction of and support and conduct preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Maintain manufacturing KPI (key performance indicator) information
- Ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Maintain and promote good Health & Safety standards in your area and across the company
- To promote, follow and enforce all company policies and procedures, laws and guidelines
- Provide support/backup where necessary to the Operations Director and undertake other tasks as may be requested by the Directors of Oceanair Marine Limited