Job Title: Facilities Technician
Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm, Friday 8am - 1.30pm
Purpose of the Position
To manage the facilities for all rented Oceanair Marine Ltd buildings
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of the building inside and out.
- Facilitate movement of machinery and services as requested.
- Costing and presenting to your manager of external contractor costs.
- Work with H&S to ensure a safe place to work.
- Installing new equipment as necessary.
- Routine maintenance of factory services and equipment.
- Systems management (listed below)
- Repairs to damage of the building to keep it in pristine condition.
- Proper long term maintenance of the buildings structure and internal walls. (see report on roof and gutters)
- Service contracts
- Assisting in procuring / producing in house racking and specialist tables.
- Typical Task List
- Hands on maintenance tasks.
- Planned maintenance of machinery (but not individual production machinery).
- Summer Factory clean.
- Factory doors, specifically the roller shutter doors – repair and maintain.
- All systems repairs (list below), bringing in external contractors by agreement if necessary.
- Monthly Electrical testing and PAC.
- Legionnaires waters test
- Cleaning Will to report to this person
- Re layout of the production area.
- Heating – Oil and Gas systems
- Pressurised air
- Air Conditioning
- Fire System
Experience & Qualifications
- Plumbing - Industry-recognised qualification level 2 or 3 Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating
- Electrical - Level 3 NVQ diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance) or Level 3 NVQ diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems & Equipment (Buildings, Structure and the Environment)
- HNC or equivalent
- Planning, Schedule & Project Management
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- Strong Electrical Background
- Analytical & logical approach to problem solving
- Good PC skills
- Good communication & negotiation skills
- Commercial Building Knowledge
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Monday - Thursday 8am - 5pm, Friday 8am - 1.30pm
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to assist the Quality Manager in maintaining and driving improvement of the organisation’s Quality Management System, promoting best practices throughout the organisation and supporting day to day operations.
Minimum 2 years Knowledge and Experience: -
- As a Quality Engineer in a Manufacturing environment.
- Of ISO9001 Quality Management System.
- Of Internal Auditing (preferably to the ISO9001:2015 standard).
- Of interacting with Customers and Suppliers.Higher Education (college or university) in a Technical Subject – Desired.
- Quality Qualifications (ie Six Sigma, Diploma, Certificate) from an accredited body – Essential.
- Internal Auditor (certified by an accredited body) – Essential.
- External Auditor (certified by an accredited body) – Desired.
- A good understanding of Problem Solving Tools and methods (Six Sigma, 5Why, 8D, Pareto, Cause & Effect) - Essential.
- Experience of Internal Auditing (to both QMS and themed audits) – Essential.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Technical / Mechanical awareness.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Good standard of written English and numeracy.
The Successful Candidate must:
- Be able to exhibit leaderships skills both as deputy to the Quality Manager and during Process and Improvement interactions within the organisation.
- Be able to use their own initiative and make time sensitive decisions related to internal and external quality issues.
- Be able to communicate quality requirements clearly both within and externally to the organisation.
- Drive projects and improvements to conclusion.
Job Title: Sewing Machinist
Soft Furnishings Business Unit Manager
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job.
- Review samples drawings and instructions to understand job specifications.
- Take measurements and mark material for all work.
- Select appropriate machines and tooling to be able to carry out the task in hand.
- Be able and competent to select the correct speeds on machines depending on materials.
- Monitor machines while working.
- Keep records of defective final products.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and keep records.
- Work at other Oceanair sites as and when requested.
- Undertake other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the production manager or Directors of Oceanair Marine Ltd.
- Ensure all Health, safety and environmental procedures are followed at all times and that employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own and others health and safety.
- Carry out the fabrication of Oceanair products to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Training will be provided as and when necessary.
- Proven experience as a machinist.
- Experience in using and /or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machinery.
- Ability to use precision tools to take accurate measurements.
- Knowledge of material properties.
- Ability to read drawings, schematics and manuals.
- Good at mathematics and analytical abilities.
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items.
- Completion of an apprenticeship would be an asset.
Job Title: Assembly Operative
Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:30pm
Purpose of Role
To fabricate Oceanair products as instructed.
- Carry out fabrication of Oceanair products to a high standard and in a timely manner. Training will be provided as and when necessary to achieve this.
- Work at other Oceanair sites as and when requested
- Be aware of Oceanair’s health & safety policy and, in particular, understand the arrangements which affect you and what your own responsibilities might be.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are followed at all times and that employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others.
- Undertake other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Production Manager or Directors of Oceanair Marine Limited.