Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Week 1: 7.30am - 4.00pm (Monday to Friday) Week 2: 7.30am - 4.30pm (Monday to Thursday) 7.30am - 1.30pm (Friday)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary packing – i.e., putting together the kits for Oceanair products and placing in the appropriate plastic bags.
- Warehouse packing – i.e., boxing and labeling products ready shipment.
- Use of Fork Lift as required for material handling as directed.
- Undertake other duties as may be required from time to time by the Warehouse Supervisor of Oceanair Marine Limited
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Adaptable to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Good standard of written English and numeracy
- Fork Lift Certification
- Sit/Stand/walk 8 ½ hrs per day
- Ability to lift up to 25kg single handed.
Job Title: CAD Technician
Head of Engineering
Mon – Thurs 8am – 5:00pm, Fri 8:00am – 1:30pm
Purpose of Role
- Support SKYsol area with draughting and maintain Oceanair’s engineering database and generic bills of materials.
- To support the product designers and engineering team with drafting as necessary.
- To create sales support drawings for a wide range of internationally based customers using Oceanair custom products in specific applications.
- Production of 2D drawings to support Sales and Manufacturing
- Ensure drawings are correctly issued, labelled, saved electronically and detailed to applicable engineering standards.
- Work to guidelines given as required for product designs meeting recognised standards.
- Problem resolution
- Maintenance of accurate records of superseded designs and drawing data.
- Production of drawings and schemes for sales purposes.
- Development and implementation of corrective actions / preventative measures
- Templating and converting templates to CAD format for all blind systems
- Product evaluation and improvements
- Day to day Drawing Office duties
- Managing Bills of Materials
- Assist Production and Production Engineering with the development of product improvements.
- Assist engineering with development of design standards
- Assist with the design and development of new products.
- Use company engineering procedures such as ECN and ETCR
- Any other reasonable tasks associated with the day to day running of the business
- Production of detail and general arrangement drawings to provide an accurate record of the Company’s products in both 2D & 3D.
- Exploded parts diagrams for products
- Product Development as directed
- Travel/Site work/visits to template and install as appropriate
- Implementation and management of the CAD database modification system with respect to the updating and issuing of change notes together with revised issue drawings/bills of materials.
Job Title: Assembly Operative
Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:30pm
Purpose of Role
To fabricate Oceanair products as instructed.
- Carry out fabrication of Oceanair products to a high standard and in a timely manner. Training will be provided as and when necessary to achieve this.
- Work at other Oceanair sites as and when requested
- Be aware of Oceanair’s health & safety policy and, in particular, understand the arrangements which affect you and what your own responsibilities might be.
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are followed at all times and that employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others.
- Undertake other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the Production Manager or Directors of Oceanair Marine Limited.
Job Title: Sewing Machinist
Soft Furnishings Business Unit Manager
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job.
- Review samples drawings and instructions to understand job specifications.
- Take measurements and mark material for all work.
- Select appropriate machines and tooling to be able to carry out the task in hand.
- Be able and competent to select the correct speeds on machines depending on materials.
- Monitor machines while working.
- Keep records of defective final products.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and keep records.
- Work at other Oceanair sites as and when requested.
- Undertake other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the production manager or Directors of Oceanair Marine Ltd.
- Ensure all Health, safety and environmental procedures are followed at all times and that employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own and others health and safety.
- Carry out the fabrication of Oceanair products to a high standard and in a timely manner.
- Training will be provided as and when necessary.
- Proven experience as a machinist.
- Experience in using and /or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machinery.
- Ability to use precision tools to take accurate measurements.
- Knowledge of material properties.
- Ability to read drawings, schematics and manuals.
- Good at mathematics and analytical abilities.
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items.
- Completion of an apprenticeship would be an asset.